Research and Class Visits
- ResearchAs part of a major research institution, the Newcomb Art Museum of Tulane University welcomes scholars, researchers, and students to learn more about our collection. Before submitting a request, please read the guidelines below.
- Visits must be scheduled at least ten (10) business days in advance
- No more than two (2) people may come to any appointment, unless previously arranged
- Adults only, no children under the age of twelve (12)
- Appointments are held for one (1) hour periods during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm)
- No more than five (5) artworks may be requested
- Artworks weighing over 50 pounds and/or artworks not in stable condition will not be viewable
- No photography, scanning, or copying is permitted unless previously granted
- No backpacks, purses, or coats may enter the collections storage; all will be held in our secure coat room
- No pens or permanent inks, pencils only, may enter the collections storage
To request an appointment, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all requests within 48 hours.
- Email / Phone
- Research Requested (please include artist’s name, accession number, etc.)
- Appointment Date and Time Requested (please offer two (2) available times)
- Any Special Requests
- Class VisitsWe welcome class visits from Tulane faculty and area universities and colleges. If you are interested in scheduling a class visit, please email email@example.com for more information.